Concerts at IFA Sommergarten
THE BOSSHOSS IN THE IFA-SOMMERGARTEN – 5TH SEPTEMBER 2020
The BossHoss have perfected their own style of Country Rock. Their exhilarating and sweat drenched live performances are legendary.
In 2004 seven fearless musicians saddled their trucks, put on their Stetsons and rode out with their saddlebags full of rock ‘n’ roll unleashing themselves on an unsuspecting German republic. Boss, Hoss, Russ, Guss, Hank, Frank and Ernesto – The BossHoss – stormed from success to success.
Their victorious path to the top includes 8 platinum albums, sold out tours and euphoric festival appearances plus numerous awards including the Goldene Kamera, Echo and the World Music Award. The BossHoss also received special recognition for hosting a German TV series “Sing meinen Song” and also as initial coaches on “The Voice of Germany”. All their albums have made the upper echelons of the German charts selling over two million physical units with the last two reaching number one.
5th September 2020 Berlin | IFA Sommergarten, Messe Berlin
Doors open: 5.30pm
Concert starts: 7pm
Tickets for 51.50 € plus fees. The ticket is also valid as a day pass for the IFA on the 4th or 5th September 2010 and to be presented at the IFA entrance. IFA is the world’s leading trade show for consumer electronics.
Children under 6 are not permitted to visit the event and all visitors over the age of 6 require a concert ticket.
One highlight not to be missed is a visit to one of our events and concerts. It is only during IFA that the exhibition grounds’ “green lung” may be used as a concert arena. Ultra-modern technical stage systems are set up in the centre of the Summer Garden, creating a special atmos-phere that enchants audiences on warm evenings in late summer.
THE IFA Sommergarten Festival by FRITZ - SOMETHING WITH RAP
On Friday 6th September 2019 some of the most promising current rap artists will be on show at the IFA Sommergarten: RIN, MERO, JUJU and Yung Hurn.
Whilst RIN seems to shun any appearance of commercial interest, success now seems inevitable. The first EP 'Bianco' was release in 2016 and turned out to be a classic summer hit. A year later his debut album 'Eros' was released on Selfmade Records. Business strategies, excessive professionalised workflows, premium boxes and social media blogs are still a horror for him.
MERO is an 18-year-old German rapper with Turkish roots. He has rapidly built up a huge fanbase, inspired initially with freestyle mobile phone videos. His official singles 'Baller los', 'Hobby Hobby' and 'Wolke 10' not only catapulted him to the top of the official German charts, but also to astronomical social media heights. In addition to his precise double-time rap technique he enthrals with contemporary pop-oriental sounds and vocal hooks.
As half of SXTN, JUJU from Berlin has shaped an entire generation with her loud-mouthed provocative lyrics and paved the way for female rappers. She continues to focus on rap - sometimes antisocial, aggressive, but also melancholic and deep.
It all began for Yung Hurn with one song and the accompanying video that immediately grabbed the attention of reviewers, tastemakers and influencers as well as a large slice of the bored gangsta and street rap scene.
Raised in and around the internet, the musical socialisation of Yung Hurn is no longer reliant on music television or his parents’ record collection.
THE FRITZ FESTIVAL in the IFA Sommergarten / SOMETHING WITH RAP
Friday 6th September 2019 | IFA Sommergarten, Messe Berlin
Presenter: Visa Vie
The festival ticket is also valid on 6th September as an IFA day ticket.
Live in the IFA Sommergarten:
RBB 88.8 POP-HEROES Festival
RBB 88.8 and the IFA are reviving the 80’s and 90’s in the IFA Sommergarten at the Berlin exhibition grounds on Saturday 7th September 2019.
80’s Pioneers featuring
Steve Norman & Ross William Wild (Spandau Ballet)
Carol Decker (T’Pau)
Wet Wet Wet
DJ Rusty Egan (Visage)
More acts to be announced soon.
Presenters: Lydia Mikiforow and Tim Koschwitz
Doors open: 3pm
The festival headliners are 1980s Pioneers, an illustrious gathering of top-class stars.
- Marc Almond, one half of the seminal electro duo Soft Cell, sold 21 million records and had 5 top-ten hits in England as a solo artist picking up two gold albums and one platinum.
- Steve Norman was a founding member of Spandau Ballet. The saxophonist, guitarist, percussionist and songwriter contributed significantly to the band's success. Spandau Ballet have produced 23 hit singles, including 'True', 'Gold' and 'Through the Barricades' selling more than 25 million records worldwide. The current singer of Spandau Ballet, Ross William Wild, will also be on stage with Steve Norman.
- Cutting Crew fronted by Nick van Eede achieved worldwide success with their song ‘(I Just) Died in Your Arms’, which reached number-one in the US charts. Their debut album Broadcast was a multi-million seller.
- T’Pau led by singer Carol Decker reached immortality with a single from their debut album ‚Bridge of Spies’. ‘China in Your Hand’ was a worldwide number one hit capitulating the album to the top of the charts selling 1.2 million and reaching quadruple platinum status.
- Wet Wet Wet have had 6 top ten album in the UK charts including three number ones. In 1988 their first number one single was a cover version of the Beatles classic 'With a Little Help from My Friends'. 6 years later the band landed their biggest success with another cover version. 'Love is all around'. recorded for the film ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’.
- Howard Jones tasted instant success with his hit single ‘What is Love ‘ which is still in heavy radio rotation across Europe. International hits such as "Hide and Seek", "Pearl In The Shell" and "Like To Get To Know You Well" followed, establishing Howard in the European music scene.
- Paul Young - His 1983 debut solo album 'No Parlez' featured the two worldwide smash hits 'Wherever I Lay My Hat' and 'Come Back And Stay'. His second album and accompanying hit single 'Every Time You Go Away' finally established him as a star on the world’s stage.
- Limahl had his big break in 1983 as the singer of Kajagoogoo, whose debut single ‚Too Shy’ went to number one in the charts and sold over 4 million copies worldwide. After two further hits Limahl left the band and his first solo hit was the title song from the film “The NeverEnding Story” which he recorded together with Giorgio Moroder and is still his biggest hit to date.
Festival Presenters: Lydia Mikiforow and Tim Koschwitz (RBB 88.8)
Festival tickets are available at all the usual booking agencies and online at: www.eventim.de
Ticket price: € 36.50 plus booking fees. The ticket is also valid as a day pass for the IFA on the 6th or 7th September 2019.
First visit IFA and then enjoy the festival! All-in-one ticket!
Seats will be available.
Inner ring: seated (free-seating)
Outer ring: partly-seated (free-seating)
ZAZ – Million-selling French pop superstar in the IFA Sommergarten!
On Sunday 8th September 2019, the charming chanteuse ZAZ will be performing songs from her latest album “Effet mirior” along with well-known ZAZ hymns such as “Je veux” or “Eblouie par la nuit“ in one of Berlin’s most beautiful open-air locations, the IFA Sommergarten.
Her celebrated current album “Effet miroir” connects ZAZ elements of chansons with Latin American guitars, pop, salsa and rock. It is an album about hope and a testimony to the convictions of the internationally acclaimed artist.
Sunday 8th September 2019 Berlin | IFA Sommergarten, Messe Berlin
Doors open: 5.30pm
Concert starts: 7pm
Tickets from 47.50 € plus fees. The concert ticket is also valid as an IFA day ticket on either 6th, 7th or 8th September 2019 and is to be kept and shown at the IFA entrance.