IFA 2018: Shift AUTOMOTIVE - The Future of how we will Think, Live & Drive
More speakers unveiled for an inspiring convention that explores how new automotive technologies are changing the future of mobility
Berlin, 8 August 2018 – Industry leaders from across the automotive and electronics sector are coming to Berlin on 4 and 5 September to discuss the future of mobility at the inaugural Shift AUTOMOTIVE convention.
"Amazing things happen when researchers and experts from two different industries face the same challenge," says IFA Director Jens Heithecker. "With Shift AUTOMOTIVE we want to work out how new technologies are changing all our lives, thinking and driving habits."
In a series of keynotes, brief impulse talks, panels and workshops, the conference will explore how new technologies emerging in both sectors are rapidly and fundamentally transforming the world of mobility and how we think, live and drive.
Hosted by and moderated by LJ Rich of the BBC’s flagship technology show Click.
Among the confirmed speakers and panellists are:
•John Schoenbeck, who leads strategic partnerships for BMW Designworks,
• Daniel Deparis, Head of smartLabs, Daimler
• Karima Delli, Chairwoman of the Transportation Committee at the European Parliament and founder of European Startup Prize for Mobility
• Martin Beltrop, Director of Emerging Products, Nokia
• Vishal Rai, CEO, Accelere
• Bobbie Seppelt, a research scientist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology Age Lab and chair of autonomous driving for the Society of Automotive Engineers
• Prof Peter Wells, Cardiff Centre for Automotive Industry Research
• Rodney Williams, CEO, LISNR
• Patrick Weissert, COO & Founder, German Autolabs
• Christian Rosen, Head of Vehicle Management & Concepts, MOIA
• Timo Nuehrich, CEO, drive by
• Ben Boutcher-West, Mobility Head, AppyParking
• Kyle Wiggers, AI Correspondent, VentureBeat
Panels will explore topics such as:
▪ Trust me, I’m an autonomous car: How can self-driving cars (re)-gain trust?
▪ Integrated mobility: the urban-rural divide
▪ Building cars around passengers, not drivers
▪ It wasn’t my fault, honest: insuring next-generation vehicles
The conference will look beyond technological breakthroughs and investigate whether consumers are ready for the change ahead. Will drivers and passengers see transport disruption as a threat or an opportunity? Will new technologies make driving more complex, or less? What happens when drivers become passengers? And are people ready to switch from owning a car to subscribing to mobility experiences?
Shift AUTOMOTIVE is a biannual convention backed by IFA, Messe Berlin, the Geneva International Motor Show and Palexpo.
The new automotive convention will be held twice a year, in Geneva and Berlin, alongside the Geneva International Motor Show and IFA.
About IFA Berlin
IFA is the world's leading trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances. It will take place at the Berlin Exhibition Grounds (ExpoCenter City) from 31 August to 5 September 2018. Alongside the event, IFA Global Markets will take place from 2 to 5 September at Station Berlin, bringing together buyers and OEMs / ODMs at Europe’s largest sourcing show for the electronics sector. www.ifa-berlin.com
About Geneva International Motor Show
The Geneva International Motor show is the only international motor show recognised by the OICA (International Organisation of Automobile Constructors) that takes place annually in Europe and is a member of the “Top 5” worldwide. In 2017, the exhibitors reinforced the prestige and importance of this event by presenting more than 150 world and European premiers before some 10,000 media representatives. During the 11 days of the Motor Show more than 691,000 entries of visitors from around the world were registered. www.gims.swiss
Palexpo, Geneva's exhibition and convention centre situated in the heart of Europe, is an international venue for sporting, economic and cultural shows and events. It hosts prestigious events such as the Geneva International Motor Show, Davis Cup tennis, the Concours hippique international de Genève, the Supercross, the Salon international de la haute horlogerie Vitafoods, Ebace, INDEX ArtGenève, Gem Genève and EPHJ-EPMT-SMT www.palexpo.ch '
About Messe Berlin
Based on turnover and growth, Messe Berlin is one of the world's ten leading trade fair companies, developing and hosting hundreds of live events in Berlin and around the world. Its wide-ranging portfolio includes ITB, IFA, InnoTrans, FRUIT LOGISTICA and the International Green Week, as well as major conferences and iconic events such as the street celebrations (Fanmeile) at Brandenburg Gate. www.messe-berlin.com
For media inquiries please contact:
Tim Weber email@example.com
Jed Just firstname.lastname@example.org
Silvia Blattner email@example.com
Nicole von der Ropp vonderRopp@messe-berlin.de