IFA Press Registration
We are looking forward to welcoming you from 6 to 11 September 2019.
You will find the online accreditation here. Please note the following accreditation guidelines.
As an exhibition organiser we want to make it easier for journalists to access information about our events and our company by offering accreditation. Accreditation is awarded exclusively for the purposes of journalistic reporting. We reserve the right to modify this policy without public notice and to revoke previously issued IFA accreditation/registration at any time.
The following persons are entitled to media accreditation
Persons from Germany or abroad who can provide the following proof of journalistic employment (related to the topic of the exhibition in question):
- a. By presenting by-line articles published no earlier than six months before the time of the event.
- b. By presenting a legal notice in which they are named as editors, permanent editorial staff or authors, and which is no older than three months at the time of the event.
- c. By presenting a written commission from a complete editorial office, in the original, relating to the current exhibition.
- d. By means of a weblink to an online publication that is well established in the industry community in question and that can prove an adequate reach. In these cases, advance accreditation is necessary due to the extra verification effort. Online media of this type must have been in existence for at least three months, must produce regular entries and the most recent article relating to the topic of the exhibition must be no older than three months. In individual cases, separate, more detailed accreditation rules may be specified, with a separate status for Bloggers, YouTube and Instagram.
- e. By presenting a document no older than six months stating that they work for a school magazine, or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organisation, or by presenting written confirmation from a school stating that they work for the school magazine in an editorial capacity.
- f. Holders of a valid press card from a German or foreign journalists’ association. We point out that presenting a press card is generally not, in itself, sufficient grounds for accreditation. The exhibition organiser reserves the right to request further proof of journalistic employment as specified in items a to e.
Credentials should be presented in German or English. The exhibition organiser reserves the right in individual cases to also demand presentation of a valid photo ID. There is no automatic right to accreditation. If necessary, the exhibition organiser shall exercise its domiciliary rights. A history of being registered at previous IFA events does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement.
The following groups of persons shall not be accredited:
- Persons without journalistic credentials, such as account managers, sales managers, advertising managers or webmasters, PR consultants and private companions.
- Germans resident in Germany who present a foreign press Card.
- Persons who present a written commission from a freelance journalist.
- Persons who are exclusively active in social networks in a private capacity.
- Publishers, General Managers, Account Representatives, Sales Executives, Engineers, Public Relations Reps (if they are not officially working for an exhibitor), Forums, Video Productions (if they are not officially working for an exhibitor), Communities, Users and anyone whose principal purpose for attending IFA is, in our judgment, for reasons other than editorial coverage.
Important information for Blogs, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter: an onsite- accreditation will not be possible.
Important press events
IFA Media Days
4 + 5 September 2019
Two days before the official start of IFA, all accredited media have exclusive access to the IFA show floor.
IFA Opening Press Conference
4 September 2019
These credentials do you need for registration
To complete your registration submit one or more of the credentials listed below. Your media registration will not proceed without credentials.
- Thematic reference to IFA
- A reach of at least 5.000 visitors per month
Notice: Relevant verifications have to be uploaded in the online accreditation tool. Only responsible editors can be approved for accreditation. We reserve the right to limit the number of accreditation per blog
- A certain visibility and outreach of your channel
- Amount of video-uploads and views etc. with at least 5.000 subscribers
Notice: The channel has to have an obvious reference to IFA and needs to be operated regularly. We reserve the right to limit the number of accreditation per YouTube channel
- In order to gain access to the exhibition grounds during the media days PR agencies and accompanying service providers, who are responsible for an IFA exhibitor, can apply for an IFA MEDIA DAY TICKET under the following email address:IFA@Messe-Berlin.de